- The facet joints are paired joints in the back that
have apposing surfaces of cartilage and a
- Injuries can damage one or both facet joints, and
cartilage degeneration due to aging may
also cause pain.
- A facet injection is performed to alleviate the pain
and discomfort, caused by facet joints.
- They are also used as a diagnostic tool used to
isolate and confirm the specific source
of back pain.
- In a facet block procedure, a needle is guided
using fluoroscopy into the facet joint capsule to
inject a numbing agent and/or a steroid
(an anti-inflammatory medication).
Choose your preferred location