- Procedure used to treat painful areas of muscle that
contain trigger points, or knots of muscle that form
when muscles do not relax.
- Trigger points may irritate the nerves around them and
cause referred pain, or pain that is felt in another
part of the body.
- In this procedure, a health care professional inserts
a small needle into the patient's trigger point.
- With the injection, the trigger point is made inactive
and the pain is alleviated.
- Treatment for many muscle groups, especially those
in the arms, legs, lower back, and neck.
- TPI can be used to treat fibromyalgia and tension
- The technique is also used to alleviate Myofascial
Choose your preferred location